That long, skinny gentleman in the white diaper who is looking over the left tit of the somewhat shorter gentleman in the blue onesie is none other than Dr. Glen Brookshire, formerly of The Babys. Sadly, Dr. Glen's image did not survive the last wash, but the memory of his "dip-didip-didip-baaaah" lives on. Big ups to onesie-designer Missy Matthews nee Costello for keeping the dream alive all these years. Babys reunion tour in '06, anyone?That's me, on my knees, in the middle of the onesie. I'm holding up a microphone for Dr. G's signature send-off. The icon on Mari's shirt represents some version of me as well, I guess: it's a neckless man with a round floating head holding up a stinky diaper icon. The words underneath Emilio's right arm read: "Men Who Change Diapers Rule." Mari actually bought the shirt for me, but I didn't feel that it expressed by unique soul, so I regifted it back to her (my unique soul doesn't mind changing diapers, but demanding rulership rights as a consequence seems a bit ambitious). I end up reading the message a lot more now than I would have if I had chosen to keep it for myself. You'll have to ask Mari if it has had a subliminal effect on my behavior.
No comments:
Post a Comment