Though the blog has been quiet for an unusually long stretch of time, a lot has been going on here in Chicago. Three storylines stand out:
1) A biopsy revealed that the mysterious mass in my neck (which I first noticed last November) is not cancerous (I’ll still have to get it operated on later this spring).
2) My advisor gave me the go ahead to give the latest draft of my dissertation to the other four members of my committee and a date has been set for my defense: March 21st. If all goes as planned, I will graduate May 10th. (There has also been some activity on the job search front, as many of you know, but I don’t want to ride that roller coaster here.)
3) Mom flew up in mid-January and stayed for a month to help take care of the kids while I completed my last dissertation laps. While she was here, her back put her out of commission on three separate occasions and Dr. Glen came to our rescue. Mom was a huge help when she was well, as she spent most of her waking hours taking care of the babes. Thanks Mom!
In the happy ending video below, you can see (and hear) her working her magic on Nina, while Pablo snores away on the couch and Maria Jose and Emilio negotiate his new six-sided puzzle in the play room.
2 comments:
How sweet the babes are. Thanks for the new pictures! Love. Grandmother
You have a lot going on in your house. No wonder you don't have time for much blogging anymore! Those are some precious babies!
Post a Comment