This day begins for me at 5:30 a.m., when I wake up from dreams about things that can go wrong at the Honors Graduation Ceremony, which starts at 8:00 a.m. I get to school by 7:00 and my printer doesn't work.
While I'm attending graduation ceremonies, the Wells family is transporting Pablo to Ardmore, where he has a double header. They win the first, 7-2, and the second, 5-2, running their win streak to six games, following a season-opening loss.
After the Honors Graduation Ceremony and the Traditional Commencement are over, I head to Emilio's noon game, still in my formal graduation clothes. The game starts late.
When the Wells family gets Pablo back to Ada from Ardmore, we get in the van and head back to Ardmore, for Nina's 4 o'clock game.
Nice one-touch with the left from the top of the box to give us a 2-1 lead. That's Nina's 7th goal of the season (including one for the Co-Ed team).
In the second half, Nina escapes and delivers an effective strike to the corner. The ref called this one offsides, but it's a bad call.
After the game, we drive to north OKC to deliver Nina and Mari to an overnight birthday party for Anneliese. We then head back to Ada, stopping at Wendy's along the way for a Frosty (as Emi and I often did when he was attending FCBEscola Soccer Camp in OKC last summer).
No comments:
Post a Comment