Saturday, December 07, 2019

Dear Evan Hanson

For Nina's 12th birthday, we got her tickets to see "Dear Evan Hanson" at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas. I was her date and chauffeur. On the way down, we made a pit stop at a Bucees, and Nina was self-conscious about being over-dressed. But when we got in, a woman remarked how pretty Nina looked, and Nina felt better about going in.

Before the show, we had pizza at the "Pizza Lounge," which was in walking distance of the venue. I tried to get her to eat the pizza with a knife and fork so she wouldn't get grease on her fingers. She was very hungry and struggled a bit, so I cut her pizza for her.


After we ate, we explored the Fair Grounds, including the Hall of Heroes in the Hall of State Building.
Lots of people at the park were there to go to "Jurassic Quest," an "interactive "dinosaur event" with "life-size, animatronic" creatures. Some of the creatures escaped the venue.
Nina LOVED the show. For the next week, we had an argument about whether it was now her favorite musical, ranked above "Hamilton." (She said it was; I disputed the claim.) After the show, we met Granddaddy, Grandmother, Lisa, Melissa and Norah at McAlister's Deli in Denton and told them all about it. We gave John and Brianna tickets as a wedding gift (Lisa and Melissa went in on it with us.)

No comments: