(As I’ve told some of you, over this past month, I’ve felt like the mysterious neighbor--played by Raymond Burr--who takes suitcases in and out of his apartment late at night while being watched through binoculars by a suspicious immobilized Jimmy Stewart in Alfred Hitchcock’s 1954 classic, Rear Window.) We ended up paying the movers $900 (including tips) for less than five and a half hours of work and in the process, they destroyed our shoe cabinet and broke Emilio’s bed (though unstable, it is still usable, we think; he slept in it last night). The morning’s good news is that Mari found my wallet, which went missing last night around ten. It was on a kitchen shelf. It was almost worth losing it so that recovering it today could provide me with a welcome surge of gratitude and relief. We also had a good breakfast—banana walnut pancakes for me—on the patio at Angel’s.
And the beat goes on . . .
5 comments:
I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!I hate moving!
DA you said "I hate moving" fewer times than R and I have moved in our marriage. Once we moved five times in two years. It is not one of my favotite things either.
How many times do you reckon Paris Hilton moved in the last two months? However, from what I have heard, she won't remember any except the next one, back with her mother and daddy, then, back into the twilight zone. The sleepy coyotey.
"MOM! It's not fair!"
The best moving I have ever done was when Brian and Lyndsae and Jim and I went to KC to move Lisa. We packed everything in one day and came home. Wow! Lyndsae and I are unbeatable! or we were at that time. Ha! Keep on trucking!
I remember how pleased I was with myself when Gene was coming to get me in Salt Lake City. I was all packed and ready to move - I thought - alas, my foolhardy thought processes were all skewed around. I was days and days from being completely packed and ready to go. I think there is just something in the DESIRE that fools us into believing the movers are in fact ready to move.
I would like to take a moment to thank all of those of you who have helped me move in the past. I can unequivocably say that moving with family helpers makes everything that much easier. Let me also say that I think moving across town is much harder than moving to a different city. The temptaion to move bits and pieces and feel like you are never done is too great. Good luck closing the door on this one brudder mine. I hope things begin to look up.
Post a Comment