Saturday, September 26, 2015

Game Three: Twins score, Twins win

Emilio had a match in Ardmore at noon, and Nina and I had a birthday date with Granddaddy and Grandmother for a Casa Mañana performance of "Fiddler on the Roof" in Fort Worth, so she and I and Emilio had to leave at halftime from the Red Dragons's 10 a.m. match against Coach Stan and the Orange Marmalade.
Nina serves it up with elegance. This one came three minutes in, after Noah scored the Marmalade's first goal.

Three minutes later, Nina got another chance after the Marmalade went up 2-0.

Twelve seconds into this clip, Pablo, as sweeper, delivers a strong clear and then hustles across the field to redirect it before it goes out of bounds, producing a goal-scoring opportunity for Bryce that goes just wide.

Forty-eight seconds in to this fifty-three second clip, Pablo takes control of the ball on the right sideline and executes a nifty, dribbling crossover move that sets him up for shot on goal that no doubt brought panic to Marmalade faithful. This is one the best moves I've seen Pablo make on the pitch

After Bryce gets the Red Dragons on the board, Nina spies the Marmalad goal keeper sitting on his haunches, and she attacks. Don't sleep on Nina, or she may sneak one by you with her left foot.
When Nina and Emilio left at half time for Ardmore, the Red Dragons were  down 2-3 to the Marmaladers. We were also down to four players, while the Marmalade nation had eight. But Pablo scored his second goal of the season in the second half (so sorry I missed it!), and the Red Dragons pulled off a thrilling, exhausting, come-from-behind 6-5 victory that I enjoyed hearing Mari and Pabi tell me about on the phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great play, Nina and Pablo! I am impressed with those moves!

granddaddy said...

High energy, high skills, high achievement! Zowie!