After leaving Niobrara, we reached the Badlands National Park in South Dakota in the afternoon and promptly set off on three of its trails. We were promptly greeted by a desert rabbit. Some of our songs for the road included "Drums" sung by South Dakota Sioux native Floyd Red Crow Westerman.
He survived this jump unscathed.
The kids had a wonderful time climbing the rocks. I'm sure it felt like absolute freedom to them. Pablo was more reluctant to climb to the top, but he and I had a great time enjoying the view and climbing rocks of our own.
2 comments:
The kids had a wonderful time climbing the rocks. I'm sure it felt like absolute freedom to them. Pablo was more reluctant to climb to the top, but he and I had a great time enjoying the view and climbing rocks of our own.
I would have loved seeing these rock formations. I don't remember ever seeing a picture of this before. Amazing. Love. Mother.
Post a Comment