Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Day 83: De Rodriguez

María José went to Evanston this morning, so Emilio and I are "de Rodriguez," as they say (in Spain, at least). Batch'in it. We're going to be doing a lot of this from March to June, when María José starts teaching again. So far, so good. Right now, while I'm posting this blog entry (after taking the documentary photo at right), Emilio is checking out his "internet" and we're both listening to the cool "Welcoming Children into the World" CD which Lisa and Melissa sent us last week ("My Little Potato" is playing right now). This week, Emilio has really started to enjoy interacting with the dangling, colorful, noise-making cloth creatures you see in the photo. María José has also observed that he has become fascinated by his own hands. When I have observed this, it has seemed to me that has been hatching diabolical plots. Last time I played this CD for Emilio, he was going to sleep and he woke with a start when Woody Guthrie started singing. After I had rocked him back in the direction of slumber, he woke with another start when Woody gave way to the next act.

5 comments:

lisa said...

maybe he does have some leftist inspirations in him . . . being jolted into "awakeness" by woody . . . he looks great.

Maria Jose said...

I agree he looks like he is ploting, probably stuff like: "ah! I'm going to scream until they pick me up"; or "let's see how long it takes them smell what I just did"

ervierto said...

Ever the cutie. I don't seem to ever remember Olivia enjoying dangling stuff, though we do have her first-mobile-turned-into-Christmas-tree-ornaments on our tree every year. So, maybe I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Consejo práctico para un "Rodríguez":
1. mirar a Emilio y decirle "nos lo vamos a pasar bien sin mamá"
2. abrigarlo adecuadamente
3. preparar el macutito
4. salir de casa
5. tomar Foster hasta Clark
6. girar a la derecha
7. cruzar con cuidado
8. y... entrar a Hughes y...¡ comerse un hot dog especial salchicha polaca! mientras Emilio disfruta mirando
María rosa

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your everyday stories about Emilio, and pictures too.