Monday, February 06, 2006

Emilio's First Super Bowl

Jack and Julie watched the Super Bowl at our house this year (for Forty Memories of Super Bowl 40, see Ma Sports Blog), so I'm sure I'll remember it. It seems I only remember watching a Super Bowl if I've watched it with someone else. In 2000, we saw Super Bowl XXXIV (St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16) with Hillel. In 1996, we saw Super Bowl XXX with Jan and Linda DeAmicis (Cowboys 27, Pittsburgh 17--I would have rememberd that one anyway, of course). In 1993 and 1994, I watched Super Bowls XXVII and XXVIII in the middle of the night with Jaime in Madrid (the Cowboys beat the Bills both times). In 1989, I saw Super Bowl XXIII with Aunt Hazel and Uncle Gilbert (San Francisco 20, Cincinatti 16). In 1981, I saw Super Bowl XV (Oakland 27, Philly 10) with the First Christian Church youth group at our house in Wichita Falls. In 1980, I saw Super Bowl XIV at the house of some of Mom and Dad's church friends (Eric and wife? He was a shot putter who hunted elk with a bow and arrow? I mowed their lawn?) in Wichita Falls (Pittsburgh 31, Los Angeles 19). And in 1976, I saw Super Bowl X (my first) with CYFers at First Christian Church in Fort Worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erich (rhymes with Derrick) and Andrea (rhymes with mitochondria which, as it turns out, may not be a word mitochondrial being the adjective and mitochondrion the noun, leaving only the possibility that mitochondria is the plural but not listed as a complete word in the dictionary entry however noted as the plural at second more thorough glance) Born and raised in Monahans, attended UMass, man of steel and steel strong integrity. Can't even open Blog at school these days; big brother protects. DA

Anonymous said...

Last name Hardaway