Monday, July 25, 2011

Aunt vs. Ants . . .and Table Talk

On Day Six of Dad's Interregnum, Aunt Carolyn got serious about the ants in the kitchen. She located and destroyed a loose marshmallow that was providing sustenance to her rivals, concocted a distasteful (to the ants) brew of water and vinegar that she sprayed on cleared cabinet shelves, and bought plastic containers in which she placed all of our loose dry goods (though the ants don't really go for beans and such, it does provides some welcome order to the cabinet--which I very much appreciate).

Having stocked the Fort Worth fort, Mom returned to the Ada frontier Monday at midday. In the evening, we fetched the little 'uns and the six of us had a looooong supper in the kitchen supplemented by healthy stretches of conversation, laughter, and guessing games (some of the answers:  James Monroe, James Buchanan, Austin, giraffe, a chicken, water buffalo, a monkey, Slinky Dog, mango, and blueberries).

2 comments:

Maria Ruiz-Blanco said...

If anyone can solve this problem is Aunt Carolyn! I´m so thankful she is around.

Maria Ruiz-Blanco said...

I love those guessing games!