This is but the first chapter (approximately two minutes long) of a much longer thriller Pablo spun for us this morning when we asked him to tell us what he dreamed about last night (transcript below).
"[I was going] through the woods and went past the trees, but then I saw Crocodile Lake. And I went swimming, and then the crocodiles bit me in my leg. And then I was crying, and then another crocodile bit me in the arm, and I was crying very, very, . . . And then I got out, and I had boo-boos, and they were bleeding, and I needed a Band-Aid on my arm and my leg, and nobody . . . Then I went to a candy stor,e and nobody had any Band-Aids for me. And then I went to a chewy bar store, and Mommy was there, and she had a bar, and she was buying chewy bars. And I said, “Mommy, can I have some chewy bars?” And she said, “Yes.” And then she got some Dora books. And she got some more Dora books, and she got a fairy tale land Dora book, like a big, big one, like with all kinds of Doras. And she took some French fries to our house, and then she was done, and we took French fries home. And then we went through a forest and then the wiggling trees. And we wiggled with them. And then we got to a Kingdom Castle, and you [Grandmother] and you [Niina] and you [Daddy] and you [Emilio] were all there, and ya’ll were waiting with us on top of the castle. And then a witch came and she was mean. And she made the steps be gone, and we couldn’t climb up there because another witch came and she made the castle dead. And we couldn’t fix it." [At this point the narrator took a breath.]
1 comment:
Oh, Wow!!! What an amazing tale, full of imagination, great descriptions, lots of detail!! And let me get this straight, he won't be 4 until November??!! Even more amazing. One-third of the Brilliant Benton Babes!
Post a Comment